Ways to Shop
There are many ways for customers to shop at the Downtown Phoenix Farmers Market.
✔ Cash – exact change is encouraged
✔ Debit/Credit – American Express (AMEX), Discover, MasterCard and Visa
✔ Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – EBT (“Food Stamps”)
✔ Double Up Food Bucks
✔ Farmers Market Nutrition Program
EBT + Double Up Food Bucks
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
A federal program that provides nutrition benefits to low-income individuals and families that are used to purchase food. The program is administered by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) through its nationwide network of FNS field offices. SNAP/EBT provides nutrition benefits to supplement the food budget of families. We can accept EBT cards from any US states. To sign up or check eligibility requirements visit here.
Double Up Food Bucks
Thanks to our partners at Pinnacle Prevention, DUFB doubles the value of SNAP/EBT (including P-EBT) benefits used at farmers markets across Arizona. DUFB helps individuals stretch food dollars and bring home more healthy fruits and vegetables while supporting local farmers. For every $1 of SNAP funds redeemed at the market, a matching $1 token in Double Up Food Bucks is provided to purchase additional fruits and vegetables from local farmers.
How it works:
1. Come to the info booth on the north side of the farmers market by the parking lot.
2. Decide how much to spend at the market and present your EBT card to market staff.
3. We will swipe your card and give you $1 Wooden EBT Tokens to spend at the market.
4. We will also match dollar-for-dollar what you spend in $1 Silver Double Up tokens.
5. Use $1 Wooden EBT Tokens at any stand that sells any groceries.
6. Use $1 Silver Double Up Tokens at any Arizona grown produce.
7. No change can be given, but our vendors will be happy to help you shop.
8. You can save your tokens and spend them on other days. They never expire!
9. Downtown Phoenix Farmers Market tokens can only be spent at our market.
Order online: E-mail your order to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and number. We’ll create the order and give you an order #. During pickup on Saturday, we’ll swipe your EBT card. Double Up Food Bucks Program also applies to online orders. For instance, if you have $30 worth of produce, we’ll only charge you $15.
WIC & Senior - Farmers Market Nutrition Program
The Arizona Farmers Market Nutrition Program provides $30 worth of farmers market coupons to buy Arizona-grown fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Each coupon booklet contains 6 (six) $5 coupons. You can pick up your coupons at the Downtown Phoenix Farmers Market information booth.
The Downtown Phoenix Farmers Market is proud to participate in the Farmers Market Nutrition Program, which provides low-income seniors, new mothers, and families with coupons that can be exchanged for fruits, vegetables, and fresh-cut herbs at farmers’ markets.
Important 2021 Season Dates: Next season will run from February through November. Specific dates will be announced soon.
Order online: E-mail your order to email@example.com with your name and number. We’ll create the order and provide you with an order #. Provide your FMNP coupon(s) during pickup on Saturday. If you haven’t picked your coupons up yet, we’ll work you through the process.