Rosemary Smashed Potatoes
Let’s face it, potatoes are amazing in any form they take whether its a baked potato, mashed potatoes, french fries, potato chips, etc. Today I bring to you my new favorite way to make potatoes: smashed potatoes. The process is quite simple and requires very little ingredients, but the result is delightful. In my opinion, these are some gourmet potato chips that will satisfy everyone. I added an extra twist to the potatoes by using fresh minced rosemary from Maya’s Farm and rosemary infused olive oil from Hatun. Grab yourself a bag of baby potatoes from Blue Sky Farms at the market this weekend while they are in season!
fresh ingredients from local farmers and vendors
Blue Sky Farms:
baby red potatoes
rosemary infused fresh crush olive oil
1/2 bag baby red potatoes (can substitute baby golden potatoes)
3 tablespoons rosemary infused olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
1 tablespoon garlic powder
pinch of ground black pepper
salt to taste
optional ketchup or other sauces for serving
- begin by preheating the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- next, rinse and scrub your baby potatoes under hot running water
- add the potatoes to a medium sized pot and cover with at least an inch of water
- bring the water and potatoes to a boil and simmer for about 20-25 minutes
- once a fork can very easily slide into the potato, strain the potatoes and let them cool
- as the potatoes cool, mince the rosemary
- once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, take the bottom of the cup and mash them into flat pieces (I used the bottom of an old jar)
- next, line your smashed potatoes on a non-stick baking sheet
- drizzle the olive oil over top of the potatoes and add the minced rosemary, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- let the potatoes cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy on the outsides
- remove from the baking sheet and serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
This quick and simple recipe is a great way to add some vegetables to the side of any dinner this summer! Potatoes are a very affordable and accessible vegetable that will add color and satisfaction to any meal. Make sure to grab some next time your shopping at the market!